Government and Professional Relations (GPR) Committee
The mission of the Government and Professional Relations (GPR) Committee is to increase CSSP’s statewide policy presence through legislative advocacy, public policy development, and grassroots advocacy efforts. In collaboration with our government liaison, this nine member committee works with state legislators and other regulatory agencies to advocate for enhancements within our profession. Our work is rooted in best practices and motivated by the children, families, and educators with which we serve.
---------2020 NSPW Update---------
Happy National School Psychology Week and Advocacy Action Day! Your advocacy today is more critical than ever, as we prepare for next year’s Congress and state legislative sessions. These actions can make a difference - and they shouldn’t take more than five minutes of your time!
Here’s how to participate:
1. Use this link to send an advocacy letter to your state representatives.
2. Use this link to send an advocacy letter to your federal representatives.
3. Post a message to your social media accounts, reinforcing the message of protecting school psychological services. Don’t forget to tag your representatives and use the hashtags #NASPadvocates and #SPAW2020. Sample social media can be found here.
4. Connect with your school board to see how you can advocate at the local level. Some ideas: subscribe to email newsletters/notifications of meeting agendas and announcements; send an email advocating for school mental health to your representative; and join local education social media groups. Use our resource guide to advocate for school psychologist positions for additional ideas.
Feel free to reach out with any questions. Thanks for all that you do!
- Colorado Society of School Psychologists
**This portion of the site changes frequently -- please check back often for updates!**
In the meantime, find more information about GPR members and policy priorities by visiting
APPLY FOR THE RURAL COMMITTEE MEMBER POSITION!
Find details on the Get Involved page.