The Colorado Society of School Psychologists (CSSP) is currently accepting nominations for the 2023 School Psychologist of the Year. If you would like to nominate an exemplary school psychologist for this honor, please see the guidelines outlined below. Co-workers, supervisors, students, parents, and anyone else who has worked with the nominee in a professional setting may write letters of support. CSSP only considers school psychologists currently working in the school setting. A committee of educational professionals will review all nomination packets submitted. The winner will be announced at the CSSP Fall Conference. Additionally, they will then have the opportunity to be nominated for NASP’s School Psychologist of the Year.
School Psychologist of the Year 2023 Nomination Form
STEP 1- By September 30, 2023
Nominator will complete a nomination google form describing why the candidate should be considered for this award, and complete the contact information on the google form. In your nomination statement, please give specific examples in any of the following areas: data-based decision making; consultation & collaboration; interventions & instructional support to develop academic skills; interventions & mental health support to develop social & life skills; school-wide practices to promote learning; prevention, crisis intervention & mental health support; family-school & community collaboration; diversity in development & learning; research and program evaluation; legal, ethical and professional behavior; performs job in an exemplary manner; earns respect of others; professional memberships and leadership activities. You will be able to go back into the google form to upload letters of recommendation.
STEP 2- By October 15, 2023
- Nominator and/or nominee must collect four, one-page letters of support (one must be from their school(s) of employment) from colleagues, administration, students and/or parents about the candidate’s capabilities with a focus on the domain of school psychology.
- Nominee needs to be a CSSP member and must be a practicing school psychologist in the schools, who spends the majority of his/her time providing direct service to students, teachers, and parents in school settings. Trainers, researchers, or administrators are not eligible for this award.
- Nominee must submit their résumé and/or curriculum vitae, inclusive of any presentations, newsletters and/or publications.
- Nomination materials must follow CSSP guidelines listed above and all documents are due no later than October 15, 2023
- Please attach the nomination statement, nominee résumé, four letters of support, and candidate essay electronically to the google form or send to Kristen Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A panel of peers will review all materials confidentially and determine the top candidate who will be nominated to represent Colorado for School Psychologist of the Year.
- I understand I am responsible for submitting a one-page nomination statement and informing the nominee that they must include four one-page letters of support addressed to “CSSP and NASP review committee members” .
- Questions? Contact Kristen Arnold at email@example.com, CSSP Professional Development Program Chair